Monday, February 4, 2013

Challenge #53 - "You Have My Heart"

Valentine's Day is almost here so we thought you would want to do something dealing with the heart.  Your creation does not have to be a Valentine as such, but it must deal with the heart in some way.  Of course, it doesn't hurt to be romantic this time of year.
Vicki
This little card uses a Bird Couple image from Just Some Lines.  The two wedding birds are colored with watercolor pencils.  The image is then placed on the Waltzing Matilda die from Cheery Lynn Designs.  In the two upper corner are two corner dies from CLD.  Finishing off the card is a flower sticker.

Krisha
I chose Emo I will Catch You from Just Some Lines.  Such a cute and playful digi image, colored with markers then fussy cut out.  Quilted heart was made with snippets and the sentiment was taken from my Granddaughter's stash!

Michele
Here is a sweet little girl digital image from "Just Some Lines" and she is bringing Valentine wishes. I colored her with pencils and laid her out on a heart doily with decorative papers. She is definitely getting me in the mood for Valentine's Day and making many more cards with heart themes! I hope you'll join the fun.
 
Sharon
I just love the "Emo" Character from Just Some Lines - she's so cute!! I've made this tag with Distress Stains and coloured Emo to match, added some lettering, rubber stamped swirl and a sheer ribbon to the top!
 
 
Valerie
My tag has been made from distressed and gessoed cardboard.
 
 
I have used Emo Amber and the Heart Balloon to create my CAS card. I added some fine-liner hearts to the red base card. The colouring was done with my pencils and is really accents of colour. I hope that it conveys the theme and inspires many of you to come and join us!
My sponsor is Just Some Lines.
Jenn Borjeson: Guest Designer and Former DT Member
I used Wedded Bliss (http://justsomelines.com/shop/wedded-bliss-birds-p-666.html), printed directly onto the DP and colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits. I added some glitter and a sticker sentiment. 

Now for my sponsor

Just Some Lines has some great stamps that we will be showcasing the next couple weeks.  Drop by their site and see if there is something there that you can use.  I am sure there is.   JSL is giving 4 digis of your choice to the random generated winner.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki - thanks for another wonderful challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki - I do not see mr. linky to upload my creation - have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone did a great job - thanks for letting Just Some Lines sponsor you. Good luck to everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see a linky tool here. Am I missing it? Thanks. Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure where to link up or this cahllenge. You can find my card at my blog: http://scrappycath.blogspot.com/2013/02/lions-heart.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Vicki for getting Mr. Linky to work - this is a wonderful challenge and the DT did a great job too! Thanks a bunch! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Vicki, here is hoping that the comments gadget behaves for me today! I love the work featured. Thanks for the challenges. Vee xx ps I have entered via my new blog so have followed from there too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! I'm so glad I popped back over to see you have the linky up now. I'll go back and link up my tag now.....glad you're back with challenges. Great samples by the dt! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki, thanks for letting me know about this heart of a challenge. I love Just My Lines Stamps and would like to add to my collection, lol! Thanks for sponsoring the challenge!

    ReplyDelete